How do the elites do it? 70 miles per week is maybe what someone running the 5k distance at a professional level may do, and those doing the marathon may even do double that distance. I am fully aware that the professionals have the following advantages:
- This is their full time job.
- They have access to therapists and masseuses
- This is their main focus per day.
- They have sponsors who help supply them with proper nutrition
- They have access to world-class facilities
Aptly timed, Kara Goucher posted a video about her life as an elite marathoner: http://innovationforendurance.msn.com/videos/running/96 Way different than mine!