Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Beginning of Marine Corps Marathon Training

I realize I've fallen off of the radar for a bit, and there's a perfectly reasonable explanation for it. 3 weeks ago, Beloved Summer Job commenced, which has taken up nearly all of my time. Although it is super-busy, I absolutely love it and I am so fortunate that I was able to return for a fourth summer. While technically everything is the same (same job, same program), it's the turnover and retention of people that makes a big difference. There are a few people on my work team, both old and new to the job, who have helped me in a number of ways: professionally and personally.
Everyone has been very supportive of my running, which is good, because Marine Corps Marathon training kicked off on Monday! It's hard to be believe the official training has really begun. I remember in May, June, I just thought I had so much time to prepare. And I did, but it really flew by.
Today, I ran the ladder (400, 800, 1200, 1600, 1200, 800, 400):
400 (1:32), 800 (3:20), 1200 (5:02), 1600 (6:40), 1200 (5:04), 800 (3:21), 400 (1:40)
Pretty decent times, although I definitely should've held back slightly in the first half, so I could've gotten better splits. Oh well - it was my first time doing that workout, so I'm sure I'll have better times next time around.
Since I need to be close to my job, I've just been on the track, which I realize is not entirely beneficial. I'm hoping that in a few weeks I'll be able to get more off-campus runs in. But, at least I'm running!

No comments:

Post a Comment