Saturday, December 17, 2011

Dreams

In dreams, we enter a world that is entirely our own.  JK Rowling, Harry Potter
I don't dream about running much.  A friend of mine who played field hockey in college dreams about it all of the time, but I don't dream about running.  My dreams have been a lot more vivid lately, but nothing about running.  I did have one dream where I got a teeny little dog - most fun one in a while, although it will be a long time before I am ever a dog owner.  Because, moneywise, being a grad student with a dog would be - ruff!
Anyways, I don't have dreams about running, but I do dream about running.  I don't necessarily fall asleep easily -- too much spinning around in my head.  I always thought that as I picked up running and trained more, I would just crash at the end of the day.  But that isn't always the case.  So, in a way to relax and prepare for sleep, I think about running.  But this isn't just about visualization: I fantasize about training for big races - what would it be like to stand in the same race as Magdalena, Deena, Desi, Shalane, Kara.  I pretend that I am running in an attempt to break 3 hours in the marathon, or even bigger, qualifying for the Olympic trials.  And all of the dreaming and imagining does the trick.  Boom, asleep.  I may be crazy, but it is fun to pretend.  Does anyone else pretend like that?
I flew home to Rochester on Saturday night.  I volunteered to get off my afternoon flight and got two free roundtrip tickets in exchange!  Pretty excited about that - and I had nothing going on Saturday, so I was completely content to just sit around the airport, watch planes takeoff, read and RELAX!  I even got bumped to first class for my flight home, which was fun - nice to get a little pampered.
And now I am at home for a few weeks - wahoo!  I am on the schedule of easy running, easy does it.  No schedule until January - just get out there, do some runs, some xt, some weights, and just enjoy the holidays!  I was planning on running 10 miles on Sunday, but once I got on the road, I felt tired, so I shortened it to 7 instead.  And right now - no problem!  My dad and I went to the pool yesterday, and we each got in 2000 yards - felt good to get back in the water.
There is not much else to report!  Just getting excited for Christmas.  My brother came home from college yesterday, so my whole family is back, which is a good feeling.
Can't figure out a clever way to sign off, so ta ta it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment