Friday, May 28, 2010

Five Things Fridays

5 things you may not know about The Medievalist... (usually the marathon goes in there - but that's pretty much a given in this blog). Thanks to RunMonkey on the Loop for distracting everyone on a Friday afternoon.
1) I have only chewed 3 pieces of gum in my entire life. The first was on my first plane ride. The second time, someone gave me what I thought was a hard candy and turned out to be gum. The third time, a friend wanted me to "try again." Nope!
2) I read faster than I can run. I have to read 60 books in preparation for my MA comps this summer, and I can crank through books faster than mile repeats.
3) My brother Ryan and I have a mole on the exact same spot on our left hands.
4) Chris Matthews and I went to the same college (Holy Cross). This is us at an alumni function after a HC basketball game (I went straight from the game, hence the sweatshirt, Chris came straight from work/TV, hence the fancy pants outfit).
5) When my brother and I were little, our mom taught us our phone number (no area code) to the tune of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star." We thought it was so cool that our number fit in with the song. It wasn't until later that we realized that the song works with every number.
Bonus: Until college, I wanted to study modern American history. I even remember having the following thought in middle school "Nothing interesting happened before 1750." I was proved wrong!

2 comments:

  1. loved this!

    I'm a speedy reader too, usually a book a day.

    And I have a freckle on the palm of my right hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marathon Training Program A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post.

    ReplyDelete