Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Turning into a Hungry Hungry Hippo can be a good thing


Reason 231 I know I am ramping up my training: I had a big breakfast at 9AM on Tuesday morning, and I was hungry again by 10:30! I am taking that to be a good sign. I am not going to lie: ther is something satisfying/rewarding about a big meal after training. I ran 13.1 miles (had to throw in the .1 for good measure) on Sunday, and was pretty excited about the Super Bowl food that accompanied it. This is week 3 of Boston training: less than 10 weeks to go now.
Monday: 2000 yard swim to Modernity, 1 hour on the elliptical, weights
Tuesday: 2 mile warm up, 4 mile tempo (started at 8:13 pace and worked down to 7:19 pace), 2 mile cooldown = 8 miles, 45 minute spin class. Incidently, not having a lot of junk in the trunk makes for feeling sore sitting and reading 2 days after spinning.
Wednesday: 35 minutes on the elliptical
Normally I double up on Wednesdays, but since I doubled up on Tuesday, I took yesterday relatively easy. Will run 8 miles this afternoon.
*In random news "Lovefool" by the Cardigans is playing on my pandora, bringing me back to...5th grade? The simple life.
I am going home this weekend! My best friend is getting married next month (I am a bridesmaid) and we are throwing her shower on Saturday. I am also doing an 8 mile race that morning (part of the Freezeroo series in Rochester), which will be a good opportunity to test my fitness 9 weeks out from Boston to see where I am at. I am hoping to run it in roughly 58-59 minutes - we will see on Saturday. No word yet on goal time for Boston - I will have a better idea once I do the National Half Marathon at the end of March.
Anyways, I am excited about going home - I can see my parents, friends, and run in a race! Sounds like a banner weekend! More to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment