Thursday, February 26, 2009

So close to Spring Break

I have one Latin class that is between me and Spring Break. Then, I can go home to Rochester (I fly home tomorrow night). I still have a lot to do: lots of reading and running, but I can do it at my leisure.

The past few days have been very nice for running. Tuesday morning, it was incredibly windy (25 mph winds), so I was nervous how my track workout was going to turn out. However, it seems as if my nerves helped to propel me forward, because I pushed really hard and had some good times on my intervals! I was pleasantly surprised. On Wednesday afternoon, it was sunny and 50, so I was able to wear shorts (something which excited the bloggers on Runner's World as well...must've been good weather throughout the country). My schedule only allowed for 3-4 miles, so I did 4, but I wanted to go so much further. But, given that the race is just over 3 weeks away, I don't want to break any of the training rules. I also had a good track workout today.

I'm going to attribute part of my success to "Mary's Ultimate Running Mix" (Discs 1 and 2). Mary put together an awesome set of songs to run to. Among other hits, "Bye Bye Bye," "Thong Song," "Star Wars' Duel of The Fates," "Dies Irae" (Verdi's Requiem) are on it. AWESOME. It's amazing how good music can help.

Tomorrow is my rest day, and then 20 miles on Saturday at home. 20 miles!

22 days and 8 hours until the starting gun goes off!

No comments:

Post a Comment