Sunday, April 3, 2011

I saw all of DC during today's 19 miler

While that may be a slight exaggeration, it's not far from the truth. I met up with one of my MCM buddies in Dupont circle and we covered rougly 7.5 miles together. We both have run MCM and Boston, and both are getting ready for Boston again. No surprise we had Boston on the brain...
After he finished (he did his long run yesterday), I set out to finish the rest of my run. It was an absolutely gorgeous day for a run: 40 and sunny! Here are some of the things I saw during my run:
  • Adams Morgan
  • Dupont Circle
  • Rock Creek Park
  • Embassy Row
  • National Theater
  • The White House
  • The Capitol
  • Some of the Smithsonians
  • Washington Monument
  • Lincoln Memorial
  • Arlington Cemetery
  • Cherry Blossom 10 Miler
  • Haines Point
So much sight-seeing in 19 miles, and I even went into Virginia! Dave and I had a good time, and I also enjoyed the rest of my run. It has been a while since I've run downtown, and I really love taking in all of the sights. Those who ran the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler had great weather, and I just loved how full the city was of runners! This is a great city for running, and today was proof of that. I am so relieved to be done, and to finally hit the taper. 2 weeks and a wake up call away from the Big Dance...

1 comment:

  1. What pretty pictures. Jealous that you're in long sleeves, though. It's already only sports bra running in FL.

    Can't wait to hear about Boston!!

    ReplyDelete