Sunday, May 1, 2011

In 3 years...

What will my life be like?
I started thinking about this last night. In my reslife job, we held a prom for our students. I wore a dress I bought in 2002 for my high school sophomore dinner dance. Dress still fits! I went (then) with a senior who was in band with me and had a blast. That was 9 years ago this weekend.
6 years ago this weekend, I was a freshmen in college. My college choir got together with 6 other schools in the area to perform Carl Orff's Carmina Burana with a full orchestra (and 300 singers), which was amazing. I had just started to see my first boyfriend, and our parents met at that concert. Everything was new and exciting, and I couldn't believe my freshmen year of college was almost over.
3 years ago this weekend, I was a senior, and again, the consortium schools got together for a concert (they do this every 3 years, and I was fortunate enough to get to do it twice). This time, we did Verdi's Requiem, which was also amazing. Both Consortium concerts were two of my favorite performances ever. I was about to graduate, and had just decided where I was going to go for graduate school in the fall to start my masters.
This weekend, I am a year into my PhD program. I now have 6 marathons under my belt. I am gluten free and running painfree. I think back to 2002, 2005, 2008 and now, I have had no idea what the next thing in store was, and that is still the case.
3 years from now is 2014 - hopefully I will be closing in on my dissertation. Who knows where I'll live. I don't know what my running times will look like, or how many more marathons will have been run. But I know I'll enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment