Thursday, September 8, 2011

Could you give me a lift?


I went home this past week for a very good friend's wedding.  I went to middle school and high school with Sara, and now we have known each other for over half our lives.  It was a beautiful wedding, and she has married a great guy.  We had a great time, and I also got to be with another one of our best friends, Jen.  Most of middle school and high school was spent together, and we managed to keep in touch through college, and now after.  It was a lot of family time this weekend: my parents were invited to the wedding too, and all our parents are friends as well. Just so much dancing and time together: I had family brunch at Jen's house, and I've been palling around at their house for 13 years.  It all just felt so right and comfortable: I fit right into each their families.  I have 4 families outside of my own who I can fit into, and I got to see 2 of them this weekend, plus my parents.  I couldn't believe how happy I was - all from seeing family and friends.  It was like when I went home for my best friend's wedding in March (Family means the most): same feeling, same simple joy.  And again, I need to remind myself that even when I am stressed about school or anything else, I have wonderful people in my life.
This isn't really a post about running - but more just a reminder that we can get a lift from the people we love, and the effect can last longer than anticipated.

No comments:

Post a Comment