Thursday, June 3, 2010

In my dreams, I'm a Kenyan

Dream race to run: Boston was my first dream race. Even when I wasn't running, I knew I wanted to do it someday. Now that I've done it, it would be fantastic to run in the Olympic Trials.

Dream time in marathon: I would love to break 3 hours some day. And to run in the Olympic Trials, you need to run a 2:46. I know that would incredibly hard, but that would be amazing. The way I look at it, I've only been running for 1.5 years continuously. I think with more coaching and more mileage, I can slowly work my way down to a sub 3, and hopefully 2:46.

Dream running achievement: To run in all 50 states and on all 7 continents.

Dream job: I would love to teach medieval history at a small liberal arts college. If Runner's World wanted to hire me as their medieval runner columnist (every magazine needs one), that would be cool too.

Dream destination: Italy - I was there for 10 days in college, but it certainly wasn't enough time. I've studied so much Italian history but actually want to be able to explore the churches, piazzas and castles where the history happened. I would love to live in Lucca (a small city in Tuscanny which still has medieval walls around it) for a year.

Dream athlete to meet: I've already met Kathrine Switzer, Bill Rodgers, and Joan Benoit Samuelson. Next up - Deena Kastor and Kara Goucher!

Dream date: Going through museums in Paris, and then a picnic in Parc Monceau. There will be lots of cheese (including compte - my absolute favorite), and then a walk along the Champs-Élysées.

Dream achievement: To raise a family while balancing my life as a professor and runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment