Monday, May 25, 2009

Agressively Kicking Off the Summer

Classes are done, I finished working at CUA, and CTY doesn't start for almost a month. Other than my reading for school, I finally have the time to focus on running. I can kick things back into high gear with my training. And so far, I think I have. Friday I hit the track and ran the Gauntlet:
1600: 6:34
800: 3:18
400: 1:34
200: 42
100: 18
So, I'm 4 seconds away from breaking my mile goal! Getting very close...hopefully I'll hit that soon.
Saturday I took off (I moved out from CUA and back home to Rochester). Sunday, I did 7.5 miles at the gym and some weightlifting. Sunday also started summer baseball with some people I went to high school with. It's nice that after 5 years, we still come together for the summer to play (we also play volleyball in a park Tuesday and Thursday nights). I'm not that good, but it is a lot of fun. And at least I know I can run the bases with little difficulty.
Today I ran to my grandparents' house - 7.5 miles in 61 minutes (8:08/mile). I was pretty pleased with that time, because I know I could've kept going for a few miles. Plus, there were some hills, and I took those on a lot better than I did a few months ago. I'm hoping to get in at least 30 miles this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment