Thursday, May 28, 2009

O Little Town of Spencerport

This is my hometown, Spencerport. Population 3500, founded in 1804 by Daniel Spencer. It's very town and I love it very much. I had my CTY friend come in last night for dinner and I gave her a little tour of the town. Walked on the Canal, showed her all the shops and places (like my church and my preschool), and she really liked it. And who wouldn't? But it's just nice to know that others like it too.

It's also a great place to go running. The canal path is perfect, and it's nice to be alongside of the water. Plus, when you've lived in the town your entire life, you get to know everyone pretty well. I tend to at least see one person I know when I go out. I'm so glad I'll be able to enjoy it for a few more weeks. Then, next stop - Saratoga Springs! More about that in June. :-)

2 comments: