Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pamela's Pancakes Fuel/Feel Good

When I got the Celiac Diagnosis, I was bummed to "lose" pancakes. Little did I know that gluten-free pancakes existed. But then again, I did not know about Pamela's Products.
Their slogan is "enjoy more" and I can do just that with their products. First of all, I am incredibly grateful that they have sent me some products to try. 2 items of note:
Classic Vanilla Cake Mix. I made this when I was on vacation in Florida.
It was delicious and often served as a pastry for breakfast (I even had some before my 21 miler). Very easy to make, and this will be definitely my cake go-to from now on.
Pancake Mix: This is now an absolute staple to me. I have pancakes on the weekend, after my long runs (tempos and long runs). And now, that is tradition I can still partake in! These pancakes are great. They look and taste like a regular pancake mix, and they feel fairly light (maybe that's the absence of gluten!). They are excellent recovery food after a hard workout, and in the final moments of a workout, that is what I am thinking about.
Last night's track workout was awesome!
2.5 mile warm up, then 1 x 1600 (7:00), 2 x 1200 (5:08, 5:02), 2 x 400 (1:36, 1:34), 5 x 300 (1:09, 1:10, 1:09, 1:10, 1:09), 2.5 mile cool down. All intervals were at sub 7 pace, which makes me hopeful that 7:22 pace on Saturday will feel great! I felt like I was just flying, but at the same time, not dying! It was short, compared to a series of mile repeats, but it definitely got the job done.
Then this morning I did 5500 meters of rowing and weights, then class. Then, 60 minutes on the elliptical. This was my last double day before the half, so I really wanted to make today count. And I did 7.5 miles done!
And at this point, I was able to go home and work/grade from there. Naturally, I was super hungry. So I decided, why not have pancakes for lunch? So, I reloaded on Pamela's Pancakes, which were excellent. I felt full and satisfied: both with my workout and my lunch.
Things are being tweaked, but I am definitely finding my nutrition groove now and making a list of go-to's. Feeling grateful to add Pamela's Products (particularly the pancakes, which provide the protein pertinent to a persnickety professor...say that 5 times) to the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment