Thursday, April 9, 2009

apparently I can run fast

Since the marathon, I have come to realize that I can run fast.  That may seem like an obvious statement, but because I beat my goal time by so much, it really changed my view on my speeding ability.  More than anything, it has given me confidence that I am able to run fast.
This moves me to my next subject: my run today.  It was so nice to be at home, to run without the pressure of having to return back to campus for a meeting or work.  I decided to go at a quick pace, and ran 7.6 miles around home.  Nice weather, about 50 and sunny in the afternoon.
My pace ended up being 8:23 per mile...which although I realized I was going fast, it didn't feel that difficult.  It was slightly beyond my comfort level, so hopefully I can get comfortable at that pace quickly, as it will be my race pace in October.
This really is a learning process: my body keeps changing as my training progresses.  I wouldn't have been able to do this 6 months ago; even 3 months ago.
So that's why I titled this one "apparently I can run fast."  It wasn't always apparent.

No comments:

Post a Comment