Thursday, April 2, 2009

onto the next...









Yes, I have signed up for my second marathon - the Marine Corps Marathon on October 25, 2009. It's called the "People's Marathon" because while it is one of the largest marathons, it offers no prize money. So, everyone does it just to do it.
I am really excited that I'll be a part of this huge event. I'm hoping to qualify for Boston 2010 at this race, so I listed my expected finish time to be 3:40. I need to slash 12 minutes from my 1st marathon, which I've been told by many that that is completely doable. It's going to be great training for it, and even better doing racing in it. I won't begin formal training for a few months, which works out well since schoolwork is picking up rapdily. That's all for now.
And I completely missed out on doing a good April Fool's joke too. There's always next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment