Saturday, January 10, 2009

15 miles in DC

I still haven't been able to fully appreciate living in DC. I moved here thinking that I would do one city-thing per week. Once schoolwork picked up, that goal stopped. And that's ok, but I do appreciate the times I do have to explore this city.

In today's run, I was able to see the Capitol, Washington Monument, WWII Memorial, Korean War Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, and the Jefferson Memorial. The Capitol is all decked out for the inauguration: lots of flags, and the pseudo-stadium is all set up and ready to go. It's so cool to me that I can see those things on a regular basis, whereas many people travel from all over to seem them.

15 miles! I was so happy that I was able to do it. And the timing was good, too. It started to rain about an hour after, and I'm glad I didn't get caught in that. Feeling a little sore, but I spent the evening watching Doctor Who and reclining with an ottoman. It sounds silly, but I love being able to put my feet up, especially . I'm going to need to make sure I get a nice recliner when I get a real place of my own. And with that thought, I'm going to put my feet up again.

1 comment:

  1. Recliners/ottomans = not silly. After a long day it is super important to put your feet up...or just go to bed. Whatever. :)

    ReplyDelete