Thursday, January 8, 2009

Citius, altius, fortius

Or, "Swifter, higher, stronger," if you don't read Latin.



That's the Olympic motto, and also the quote of the day sent to me from RunnersWorld.com



Because that was the first thing I read this morning, it was on my mind for my morning run - the first run I've done in DC since I got back. I didn't really have the time to that far, but I could go fast. So I did about a 5.5-6 mile tempo run. I pushed very hard, running around Brookland while listening to "In the Navy" by the Village People (you really can't go wrong with them). It went well: I felt very tired after, but that was because I pushed myself at a pace harder than I usually do. This week has been really busy with work, so I haven't been able to get in as many miles as I normally can. I'm hoping that on Saturday I will be able to do a long run. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment