Thursday, January 15, 2009

Indulging

Yesterday I was able to indulge and enjoy 2 of my favorite things: art and ice cream.


I was in Latin class yesterday and the professor brought up Pompeii, and mentioned this: There is an exhibit at the National Gallery called Pompeii and the Roman Village: Art and Culture around the Bay of Naples. It is a collection of rescued frescoes, sculptures and jewlery prior to the erruption of Mt. Vesuvius in AD 79. Very good exhibit! It was well put together, and it also included some modern-day paintings of life in Pompeii prior to the volcano, as well as depictions of the erruption.

I decided I could kill 2 birds with one stone. I did my run first (I ran very fast), and was able to see the exhibit. I figured now was the best time, since things will be quickly picking up with coursework.

Afterwards, I enjoyed a pint of Ben and Jerry's Mint Chocolate Cookie ice cream while watching Mean Girls and doing my homework. I originally told myself I wouldn't eat the whole thing at once. But I did, and I do not care. I think with the work that I am doing (both academic and running), I can treat myself like that every once in a while. It was very delicious, and I enjoyed every scoop of it.











YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment