Sunday, January 4, 2009

Fatigued

Friday was the long run. I woke up yesterday and felt fine. Fine enough to do a smaller run around town. It went well: I did my 10k pace (8:52) for a little under 5 miles. It was very pretty outside: the sun was just starting to set. The temperature was just right, and it looked gorgeous.

I also did one this morning after church as well (circa 5 miles). But that must have pushed me over the edge, because I felt sore a few hours after. It still hurts to squat done all of the way, and I cannot imagine doing lunges or anything like that.

I don't think anything is really wrong with this - it's just my body saying it's tired. It's the first time I've felt this wiped from a long run, so it's just a bit new. Well, not new. I used to feel like this a lot when I would get back into running (typically instigated by Kathleen), but this is the first time I've felt like this fatigued (from running) since I started training for the marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment