Thursday, March 5, 2009

Bib # 2168

So, I just found out my bib number for the marathon: 2168. Something about getting the number got me more excited about the race. Maybe because the number is a certainty - it's not one of the variables I'll be dealing with on the 21st.
I'm feeling a lot better, but I'm not not 100% back from my head/chest cold. While I had planned to cut down on running anyways this week (because I've started to taper), I had to slow things down ever more so because of the cold. Which is fine - I've been sleeping, drinking fluids, and resting in general instead. I'm sure my immune system was rundown from work and running, so I'm really not surprised that this all happened. So, now I've been given a chance to recuperate, and I've taken the opportunity to do so. I'm hoping that once I get this out of my system, I'll be super strong, healthy, and ready to go. Fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment