Friday, March 20, 2009

final pre-marathon post

I'm going to bed soon. I've packed my bag for tomorrow morning, drank my Sleepytime Tea, carbo loaded, and done everything I was supposed to. Charlie and I went to the Expo to pick up our bibs, shirts, and the like. They had lots of cool stuff, but I just wanted to get home. My parents got in safe this afternoon, and we had dinner and ice cream (cold stone...and no guilt about the birthday cake remix).
I don't think I'll be able to get a full night's sleep - I'm just so excited. I woke up early this morning too - I felt like a kid waiting for Christmas!
I've received a lot of kind words this week from my friends and family; in the form of letters, cards, e-mails, and phone calls. I'm so grateful - it's all made a great difference. Evan told me today that I'm going to do a lot better than I think, and that did a lot for me. Just knowing I have that support from everyone will carry me a long way (hopefully the full 26.2 miles).
I'm going to bed tonight a runner, and when I go to bed tomorrow night, I'll be a (very exhausted) marathon runner. I cannot wait for tomorrow.
As Pam said in her card to me "This is a great adventure."
It really is...I cannot wait.

1 comment: