Wednesday, March 18, 2009

final run before Saturday

I just finished the final run that I'll do before Saturday's race. Two miles around the perimeter of CUA. I even got up the long hill on Taylor St. that's always been a challenge for me. I included that hill in all of my runs this week, just as proof that I can do it. I don't even think any of the hills in the marathon will be as bad as that one. It was about 40 out and foggy, and very quiet at 7AM. It'll be a different kind of energy on Saturday, that's for sure.
The run flew by fairly quickly - it was over within 20 minutes. Of course, I saw my friend Peter the Guard on my way out and back. I gave him his marathon mile dedication letter today, and he was so sweet. He said "I'll be thinking about you then, and I'll always be there for you and supporting you." I got all choked up - he is the nicest man!
And now I am done - no more running until Saturday morning. Just lots of rest (hopefully), water, stretching and mental preparation. And eating! Carbs, carbs, carbs...

1 comment: