Thursday, March 19, 2009

less than 2 days...

I've decided that in fact, I am ready for Saturday. I have done everything to prepare; the running, the resting, the hydrating, the eating, reading up on everything.
I went out to a restaurant called "Levente's" in Dupont Circle last night. The history department brought in a speaker from Georgetown (who happened to graduate from HC in '81 - woo!), and I went out with the speaker and some of the faculty. Very good dinner (I had the Doner Kabab, which was lamb over white rice), and I had a lot of fun. It was a good way to relax and get off campus for a bit.
I wish I could just bypass the next 40 hours and get to the starting line. Nothing is really pressing; I have a class and meeting tonight, and a class tomorrow. Following class tomorrow, Charlie and I are going to go to the Expo and pick up our bibs, race chips, and all that jazz. My parents will come into town tomorrow night, and we'll go out for dinner (with carbs, but not too excess). I can't wait to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment