Friday, December 19, 2008

ahhh, the beauty of a bath

As I predicted yesterday, I woke up this morning feeling quite sore in the arms and chest. Unfortunately, it bugged me enough that I passed going to the gym with my dad at 7AM. I haven't turned down a workout in a long time, so I felt bad about that.

We also had a blizzard today, and got over a foot of snow (and it's still coming down down). So, between the Zen in Your Den, and some shoveling (luckily my dad was able to help...a lot), today was not a total wash.

But since I was hurting a little, and feeling a bit mellow, I realized that a bath might be in order. I hadn't taken one in a while (yes, yes, I've been showering...don't you worry), so I was really looking forward to it.

It felt great. Oh, it just took all of the pressure off, and it felt great for my muscles. Since I can't really make that a habit at school, I'll need to make sure to do another one while I'm still at home. I think it made a big difference in taking some of the soreness away and relieving some of the tension. Plus, I was reading To Kill a Mockingbird for the nth time, which was wonderful.

Ahhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment