Monday, December 15, 2008

pros and cons of the elliptical

Today was a good day for the elliptical. It was cold, rainy, and windy, which adds up to 3 good reasons as to why I didn't want to run outside. Plus, I figured today should be somewhat of a recovery day, given the race was yesterday.

So, I did a little less than 5 miles on the elliptical at the gym today. It was just as boring as one could expect, but you do work up a decent sweat on it. It was better than nothing, and allowed me to have somewhat of an "easy" day for a workout.

Today was also an arms day - meaning that I did free weights for a bit. I figure, my legs are already getting a great workout, but my arms aren't reaping as many benefits from running. I just want some nice tone: I do not want scary arms. Just slightly buff ones.

That's how I want my body in general to be: slightly buff. Not scary ripped. Some of the people in the 10k were so jacked: it was not normal-looking.

Rest assured, I will not be scary-jacked.

No comments:

Post a Comment