Wednesday, December 31, 2008

End of 2008

Another year is almost over, and it seems as if 2008 was a big one. Lots of things happened and changed in the past few months:

*I graduated from Holy Cross in May, and I can't believe it hasn't even been a year yet. While it was time to move on from undergrad, I still miss it (and the people) a lot.
*I spent my 3rd CTY summer at Skidmore, but my first as SRA. It was a hectic summer, but I learned so much. That's why I'm planning on returning this summer, so I can do it right from the beginning.
*I moved to Washington DC to start a new job and graduate school at Catholic. While the first month was certainly a lonely one, things eventually picked up. I fell in love with the city. Graduate school, even though a lot of work, turned out to be very rewarding. Apparently, I wasn't the only student in love with the medieval world. Woo! And I've made a few friends as well; people whom I've learned I can count on.
*Obviously, the thing most relevant is that I decided to train for the marathon. I didn't realize that this would happen until October, but here we are. I finished off 2008 with an 8.9 mile run this morning and a little lifting: I figured that was a good way to wrap up this year.

I'm off to spend New Year's Eve with Kathleen. Enjoy the last few hours of 2008 (don't forget, we get an extra second):
http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/12/31/leap.second.new.year/index.html

See you in 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment