Tuesday, December 30, 2008

logging miles

Not every run that I do (or anyone else for that matter) is amazing, mind-blowing, or life-altering. But every run helps me to log in more miles. Today was 8.72 miles. There was nothing special about it, and now it's done. Even a few months ago, I didn't think I could run that far without a lot of soreness after. That's progress: I haven't hobbled around the house after a run in months.

I've come to realize in the past few weeks that my training and progress that I'm not the only one who is responsible for how I'm coming along. I am not my only motivator. My family, Evan, my friends, my running partner, old professors: all of you have been very important in motivating me. Not in a "go do it" sense, but continually inquiring about my progress and giving me the encouragement that I need on days when I don't feel like doing it.

So thank you, for making it worth doing, and providing validation for what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment