Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cherry Blossom Run, Run to Grandma's, QJLG

After 2+ hours of hitting refresh, I was finally able to register for the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler on April 5, 2009. It felt like registering for classes in undergrad: the system online was so slow, because everyone was trying to get in. I was a bit concerned, since they cap the race at 12,000 people. But I made it! Woo...

So, in other news for the day:
I ran to my grandma and grandpa's house in Hilton today. That was about 7 miles, and they did not know I was coming. So they were a bit surprised to see me at the door, and with no car. The run was good: it was a bit cold out though (26 degrees), but at least there was no wind. And there were some good hills in there as well, so that helped make it a good workout as well.

Then after a great dinner (salad, rice, and pork chops - all of which tasted delicious after the long run), I went to the gym to do some lifting. Buff arms, here we come...

But here's my beef of the day: the big men at the gym who grunt too loud when they lift. Either one of two things is happening:
1) These clowns are lifting more than they should, and are grunting and puffing because it's too much. Or...
2) They're trying to impress/intimidate the people around them. I'm not intimidated, nor am I am impressed by their lifting (in)abilities. If anything, I'm annoyed at them for distracting me from my own workout.

So, if you happen to be one of those QJLG (QuasiJackedLoudGuys), please stop, for everyone else's sake.

Thank you, and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment