Wednesday, December 17, 2008

the many benefits of Hulu.com

So, if you're not all familiar with hulu.com, it is a website that allows you to watch recent tv shows, and some movies as well. In addition to that, I've learned recently that they also have a small "Exercise Channel." This primarily features yoga and pilates "episodes:" short 20 minute workouts intended for different results. Why pay for a class when you can get it online? I did "Zen in your den" in my den, which is a good yoga exercise. I've also been trying to do it before running, because it's so good for stretching me out (and that's what I did on Sunday before the 10k).
And I also did some lifting at home after dinner. That was good as well. It's probably not the greatest to be doing it in front of the TV, but it made it more enjoyable.
Off to bed soon...I'm meeting with a trainer at the Y at 7AM.
PS-I'm trying to come up with a long-distance running playlist...any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. One of my FAVORITE songs for running (and for Karaoke, for that matter) is (wait for it...) Eminem's "Lose Yourself." I'm not a big fan of his, but it's really a great song, and great for when you're running a hill!

    I also have a bunch of 80s songs (because I'm old and they make me smile), and some 70s funk for the same reason. :)

    ReplyDelete